Saturday, November 30, 2013

Dome Painted

I took my first crack at paining the dome today.  I have not had much experience using spray paint before so my work came out not meeting my expectations.  Using Eastwood MRO Chrome Galvanizing Coating spray paint in our University's painting booth i put the first coat of paint on the dome.  As you can see i was holding the can to close to the project and need to touch up on a few spots, hopefully by sanding down a few spots and 1-2 more coats of paint i could get away with incorporating it into my "weathering".


Monday, November 4, 2013

Broken Parts

i decided to try my luck using a Makerbot instead of our schools professional 3D printer, in the end it was not the best choice.  All the parts using the blue plastic were made using the Makerbot 2.0 and as you can see in the picture below, will not be used in my project.