Sunday, April 6, 2014

Weekend Meeting

Meeting # Who knows
April 5th 2014
Duration:  9:00AM-4:00PM
Attendance: Jacob, Nate

got a lot of work done today.  Starting out with a quick run to home depot with Nate we were able to pick up another sheet of 1/2" birch plywood to attempt to finish off the legs as well as some paints and misc. hardware for the legs.

a few notable things that got done this meeting

* Outer and Inner most parts of legs machined
* Inner square for legs glued
* Should hubs machined and glued together (made them 1" by using two 1/2" pieces instead of 3/4" due to not wanting to spend another $20 on a sheet of birch wood.)
* Skins cut out, sanded and test fit our 3d parts in some places
*Front Skins Attached for now (became a much bigger mess that i thought it would)

As for the skins i am very happy i did not attach the back skins yet because i realized i was jumping the gun and still need to drill my home for the pipe to fit through the body of R2.

Glue we used to attach skins
Dome Ring made from 1/2" birch
in progress

Shoulders gluing in place.
Inner part of leg glued into place

Skins being cut out by Nate
Make shift way to attach skins and
hold them in place

No comments:

Post a Comment