Monday, June 9, 2014

Ran into a few more problems

well with the quick meeting today we were meant to attach the second half of the skins.  as we dry fit the skins to R2D2, we noticed that the holes that were previously drilled for the gas pipe are not perfectly center between the two parts of the circle.  It turns out the original skins were slightly shifted during the drying phase, making the hole not center.  This is a fairly big issue due to the unbalanced rotation as r2d2 switches between 2 and 3 legs.  On another note we found out we installed the door wrong, matching it up with the top of the frame, when it should have been matched up with the bottom.  Just to make sure the door will be sanded and moved to make sure the skins fit perfectly.  The good part is, it is all a learning experience and it is an opportunity to learn from our mistakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment